Not posting for several months: bad!
Baking rhubarb meringue cake and banana bread and not taking a picture to post it: bad!
Reading Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman and not having anything to say about it: not so good.
Going to see Porgy and Bess on Broadway, liking it (a lot) but not writing anything about it: also not good.
Going to see Being Shakespeare at BAM, enjoying it immensely but not telling anybody about it: pathetic.
Visiting the Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Garden and not even mentioning it in a facebook post: sad.
So what have I been wasting my time on now? Well, I’ve been planning a garden I don’t yet have and going through garden catalogs dreaming of an impossible garden with all kinds of climate zones; I’ve been hanging out with friends and family; I’ve been moving from Darmstadt to Mainz to back home, only to go traveling for 3 weeks; I’ve been reading about the health care debate in the US and I’m not quite sure I understand it; I’ve been following the movement of academics boycotting certain publishers with great interest and have encouraged my sister to publish her doctoral thesis in an open access journal.
Books I’ve read since my last post:
- Hogfather, by Terry Pratchett (re-read to get into the Christmas spirit)
- Pigeon English, by Stephen Kelman (good for a train-ride to Berlin)
- The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman (while fighting jet-lag)
- Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman (re-read when I had to ride the subway a lot)
- Utopia, by Thomas More (as an e-book on an iPad)
In conclusion: I am a bad poster for actually doing, seeing, and thinking about stuff but not posting about it.